Where’s The Money in 2009?
As we dive into the New Year, consider this: WHERE’S THE MONEY IN 2009?
The money for 2009 is simply being circulated in different patterns.
We are experiencing is a redistribution of money and inevitably….the wealth of this country.
I still have friends who are buying Mercedes, going on Caribbean cruises and buying condos on the beach. The malls are still packed with shoppers and big budget movies are still being produced in Hollywood.
The law of attraction says you will get what you focus on. The focus of your intention and your attention will reveal how you respond in this economy….or any other for that matter.
Here is the process of millionaire mentality….I personally check my state of mind regularly…and especially at the beginning of each New Year.
1. Your mindset is key…If you buy into the negative hype, guess what? You will get negative results. Sure, you have to study where the opportunities are, but that just requires a little extra effort. It begins with your outlook. That means you have to think in terms of the larger picture, rather than the narrow sighted mentality of lack. So I ask myself, “where is the maximum opportunity in the upcoming year”?
2. What are your talents, skills, abilities and passions? It’s very difficult to gain momentum when you are fighting against your own will. Please, please, please don’t do your job, just because you need the money. That will only last a brief amount of time and your life will be out of harmony very soon. So I remind myself of my passion and talents and skills in life. And I also remind myself of my personal mission in life. And then I double check that I am working in congruence with my gifts. Yes, you have gifts and it’s best that you own them NOW.
3. Movement creates improvement. You have got to have a plan. Nothing happens until action is taken. Action is different from to-do’s. So I ask myself, “What is the most productive action I can take today, this week, this month, this year to reach my desired level of prosperity?” Any kind of movement in your current status makes an improvement. Ultimately, there is no wrong direction of movement. Every action is a lesson and can stimulate new ideas.
4. Customers are still out there….everywhere. I have several students in my “elite coaching” program who had a banner year in 2008 in their sales career. Staying in contact with your customers is one thing….offering them something of real value is another. So I ask myself regularly, “How can I deliver the most value to my customers?” And I ask, “How can I create something of value that is unique or memorable to my customers?”
5. Gratitude for your station in life is extremely important. Regardless of where you are financially, physically, spiritually, with your relationships, etc., there is something to be thankful for. Thankfulness and appreciation open your mind and soul to new opportunities and creativity. So at the end of each year and at the beginning of each new year, I take a mental inventory (actually I write it down in my journal) of the things that I am most thankful for…my family, my health, my friends, my career, my relationship, my spiritual status, my desire to grow and contribute.
6. Where do you want to be? You must have a vision for the year. When next December rolls around (and it will in a hurry), will you be able to see what you have accomplished through the year? That means you must see the picture now. At least you need to see the outline of the picture and through the remainder of the year, you can color in the picture. So, I simply take time to envision what the entire year will look like along with the end result. I make some simple notes in my journal or post some sticky notes on my bathroom mirror to remind me of the end goal. I even have my income goal written on the wallpaper of my cell phone.
Millionaires don’t haphazardly move through their year without a mental aim. Direction and ability to adjust accordingly is your key to success in 2009.
I was sent a quote this morning. It sums up everything you need to know about moving ahead toward your dreams…”If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably leads to nowhere.”
Until our paths cross again, take great care of yourself and your loved ones.